Houston Community News >> Sugar Land Third Best Place to Live
7/18/2006 Houston-- Money magazine Monday announced Fort Collins, Colorado, is the “Best Place to Live” in America for 2006.
The publication cited the area’s natural setting, vibrant downtown and the presence of Colorado State University. One site in Texas made the top ten—Sugar Land, near Houston, came in third.
The August edition ranks Fort Collins as number one among 745 places with populations greater than 50-thousand.
Here’s the rest of the list:
- second, Naperville, Illinois
- third: Sugar Land, Texas
- fourth, Columbia/Ellicot City, Maryland
- fifth, Cary, North Carolina
- sixth, Overland Park, Kansas
- seventh, Scottsdale, Arizona
- eighth, Boise, Idaho
- ninth, Fairfield, Connecticut
- tenth, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Cities are ranked on a series of factors, including cost of living, employment markets, median income, property taxes and housing prices. Crime, congestion, public schools and climate also go into the mix.Skype Ad
(Contributed by )