Houston Community News >> MetroBank 2nd Quarter Results
8/8/2006 Houston-- MetroBank posted a 22.5 percent increase in profits from the same quarter last year. Net profit rose to $3.39 million. 2006 second quarter highlights:
- Loans to individuals and businesses increased to $830 million.
- Savings account hits $1 billion.
- Announced a 3 to 2 stock split
- Assets increased by 1.15 percent
- Plano, Texas branch opened in June
- Announce the opening of a MetroBank office in Xiamen, China
The office in Xiamen, China will help U.S.-Sino business relationship and services. The office will open in the 4th quarter of 2006.
MetroBank Executives (l to r): David Tai, George Lee, Don Wang